RREUSE represents social enterprises active in reuse, repair and recycling. We want the EU and national governments to move from promoting just recycling and waste management to putting secondhand first.
We are asking the European Commission to promote reuse targets above recycling in the revised Circular Economy Package. More…
Smart legislation to boost the durability and repairability of products is critical to environmental protection. More…
Approved reuse centres
Thousands of green jobs can be created through developing reuse centres and networks. More…
Supporting social enterprise
Many reuse centres in Europe employ thousands of people traditionally at risk of socio-economic exclusion. More…
Our members employ people at risk of socio-economic exclusion and help bring them back into work.
In addition they bring products back to the market at affordable prices providing essential household items to low income groups.
Approximately 50,000 employees and over 90,000 volunteers and trainees work within our 30 member networks across 17 EU countries and one in the USA.
The main activities of our members include
- collection, sorting and redistribution of used textiles and clothing
- collection, repair and reuse of electrical and electronic waste (WEEE), furniture and other bulky waste
- home and community composting projects
- charity and second hand shops
- collection and recycling of paper, cardboard, wood, plastics, paints, metals, books and toys
- awareness raising campaigns, international projects, exchange of best practice and business support