About our network
RREUSE is a European umbrella for social enterprises with activities in reuse, repair and recycling. RREUSE's members are national and regional social economy networks that combine both social and environmental objectives and give them equal emphasis.
Approximately 77,000 employees and over 60,000 volunteers and trainees work within our 26 member networks across 15 EU Member States and one in the U.S.A. Although legal structures and national contexts may differ, RREUSE's members share common values such as environmental protection, service to the community, the fight against poverty and the social inclusion of disadvantaged people back into the labour market and society as a whole. In addition to the social and environmental objectives, these initiatives bring back products at affordable prices to the market, providing essential household items for low income groups.
RREUSE promotes a sustainable development model which takes into consideration the following three pillars:
- environmental protection: waste prevention and sustainable management
- social equity: social inclusion activities and affordable goods
- economic viability: job creation and training opportunities
The main activities of our members include:
- collection, sorting and redistribution of textiles and clothing
- collection, repair and reuse of electrical and electronic waste (WEEE), furniture and bulky waste
- home and community composting projects
- charity and second hand shops
- collection and recycling of paper, cardboard, wood, plastics, paints, metals, books and toys
- awareness raising campaigns, international projects, exchange of best practice and business support