3rd International Conference on the Role of Social & Solidarity Enterprises in the Circular Economy | 6 – 8 November 2019
- 29th April 2019
3rd International Conference on the Role of Social & Solidarity Enterprises in the Circular Economy
6 – 8 November 2019
Berriozar (Pamplona) | Spain
RREUSE, the European network of social enterprises active in re-use, repair and recycling, is delighted to invite you to its third annual conference, organised in collaboration with the Spanish social enterprise network AERESS and Traperos de Emaús Navarra.
This unique event will focus on strategies supporting longer lasting products through re-use and repair that create local inclusive jobs, provide green products and services and contribute positively to well-being in our society.
This year’s highlights will include in-depth discussions on the re-use of textiles and waste electronics as well as on legal developments at EU level related to the circular economy and social impact measurement. Gathering social entrepreneurs, local, regional and international policy makers, municipalities and private sector representatives, the event will provide for excellent networking opportunities, a dynamic environment and plenty of positive energy!
Participants will also have the opportunity to experience Berriozar and Pamplona, situated in the Spanish region of Navarra, famed in Europe for its support for the development of social and solidarity enterprises.
Here is a taste of what we have planned:
DAY 1 | Open to all
6 November 2019 – Site Visit Opportunity and Celebration of 25th Anniversary of AERESS
- Site visit to a major re-use facility operated by social enterprise Traperos de Emaús Navarra
- Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of AERESS, the Spanish network of social and solidarity enterprises active in re-use, repair and recycling
DAY 2 | Open to all
7 November 2019 – Public Conference
- Deep dive workshops on re-use of textiles, waste electricals, transposition of the new EU waste law and social impact measurement
- Reflections on the social and environmental value of re-use and repair as well as its relation to helping achieve UN SDGs
- Networking opportunities
8 November 2019 – Workshop on Social Enterprise Collaboration & Partnerships (RREUSE Members Only)
OR Site Visit (Open to all)
- (RREUSE Members Only) – Workshops dedicated to social enterprises from the wider RREUSE network to facilitate networking, collaboration and exchanges of best practice. Find the list of our member organisations here.
- (Option for Non-Members) – Site visit of preparation for re-use facility and retail outlet of Traperos d’Emaus de Navarra
- English <-> Spanish, English <-> Italian
- French interpretation to be confirmed. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this option.
- Registration is open until 30 October 2019
- The capacity for the conference and site visit is limited. We encourage you to register early and avoid disappointment!
- All registration prices include refreshments, lunch and an evening cocktail; Prices do not include accommodation
- We encourage you to book your accommodation as soon as possible. Due to other events taking place in Pamplona at the same time the hotels have limited room availability.
- Venues are accessible to persons with disabilities. Please contact us for more information.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation before 25 October 2019 – 60 % of the registration fee will be refunded; Cancellation after 25 October 2019 – No refund possible
Travel to Pamplona and Berriozar
See more information on how to get to Pamplona and the venue here
RREUSE and AERESS are grateful for support by the European Commission for this event
RREUSE is grateful for the kind support of our sponsors and local partners
Your logo can be right here. Become a conference supporter!
For more information about the benefits of sponsoring or supporting our event click here.
How was it last year?
Watch the video from RREUSE 2018 conference
We look forward to seeing you in Berriozar!
Jana Zurkova, RREUSE
Picture credit © Traperos de Emaús Navarra | Joseba Zabalza 2017